37253 Clinton Ave.
Dade City, FL 33525
Dr. and Mrs. Michael Petersen
ul. Wiazowska 75b
¨ French, British and German—Geant, HIT, Carrefore, REAL, Auchan.
¨ 20 years ago people still used black and white photography
¨ Poland has an 18%+ unemployment rate.
¨ Television (state controlled) periodically does reports on “cults”. People commonly call Baptists a “cult” and are afraid of us.
¨ Alcoholism is the number one social problem in Poland.
¨ When you go into someone’s house, if you did not bring slippers, they will offer you some to wear while visiting.
¨ The big meal tends to be sometime in the middle of the day—anytime between 1 and 4. It is called “obiad“.
¨ We’ve had snow several times in April.
¨ Easter here is celebrated on Sunday and ALSO on “Easter Monday.”
¨ Kids in elementary school often carry and use cell phones.
1. Sunday morning services in Gora Kalwaria–increased attendance and outreach
2. our children as they attend Polish school (Jeremiah (13), Timothy (11), Abby (10), Lydia (7).
3. to live godly lives and know His presence
4. teaching trip in May to the Ukraine
5. the remaining $200/month support.
6. Arek to let God control his life
7. Pawel - discouraged
8. Ania - health needs
9. salvation for the following: Daniel, Gosia, Dominka (these people come to our service “regularly“). Irena, Darek, Krzystof (sporadic attenders but we have other contact with them)
10. upcoming plans (June) with the BJU Baltic mission team
11. our foundation to be finalized (answered 3/12. It is “official!”)
12. Thurs. evening basketball in G.K. as a way to make contacts with people who are afraid of us being a cult
1. the funds for the foundation. We received all that the lawyer estimated is needed.
2. the Lord’s financial provision so that we were able to get a water filter (people had told us we needed one for years) and a new refrigerator!
3. safe teaching trip and experience in January to the Ukraine.
4. constantly improving Polish language
5. increased tenderness in Daniel (almost 12) and seeming interest in spiritual things.
6. planned visits by Pastor and Mrs. Sweatt (Berean Baptist, GA) and Pastor Ken Woodard, (Temple Baptist, our sending church, FL) in April.
7. improvement in the kids’ Polish and good testimonies at school